Study in the U.S. is expensive. The exact cost of living and studying in the U.S. varies considerably from person to person and from one degree program to another.

Cost figures currently used for purpose of issuing immigration documents. Please be aware that the University requires all students to have medical insurance while they study at The Catholic University of America.

Catholic University will automatically enroll any student is the university's student health insurance plan unless the student can demonstrate that they have acquired comparable coverage through another company.

Documenting Ability to Pay

If you will be coming to the U.S. to study at The Catholic University of America and need to be sponsored by the University for F-1 or J-1 status, you must be able to establish your ability to cover the costs associated with your studies.

Since international students have very limited ability to work in the U.S. and cannot rely on the ability to work outside the school to meet their financial needs. Before the University can issue your immigration documents you must supply documentation showing you have the funds for the first year of study and have the reasonable expectation of being able to cover the rest of your studies. Available funds must show annual tuition, living expenses, and health insurance. These figures change every year.

Catholic University uses the following currency conversion source when calculating whether or not the amount of money documented is sufficient:

If your financial support comes from a combination of sources, you will need to document each source. The following link provides guidance on acceptable forms of financial documentation based on the funding source.

Note: Catholic University will not issue any immigration documents unless a student can provide the required financial resources. Money - or more precisely the lack of it - is one of the primary stressors faced by international students.