Upon completion of one degree program, you may decide to pursue another, higher degree here at Catholic University. Examples of this are the following:
- you are admitted from Intensive English to an undergraduate degree program
- you are admitted from an undergraduate degree program to a graduate degree program
- you are admitted from one graduate program to another graduate program (e.g. Master's to Doctorate)
In all of these cases a new I-20 or DS-2019 should be issued for the duration of that program (always keep in mind that your I-20 or DS-2019 must accurately reflect your situation here at Catholic University). In order for the new I-20 or DS-2019 to be issued you will need to bring the following to ISSS:
- A copy of your admission letter to the new degree program
- Updated financial documentation showing that you have the resources to fund your new course of study
There is a deadline by which this must be done, please see the below chart. It is recommended that you consult your international student advisor as early in the process as possible.
|Immigration Status||Deadline for obtaining new I-20 or DS2019|
|J-1||30 days after completing program or end of Academic Training|
|F-1||60 days after completion of program or end of Optional Practical Training|
The SEVIS program will automatically change your status from "active" to "inactive" once these deadlines have passed. Should you desire to continue your studies, you will need to apply for reinstatement.