Two offices are responsible for issuing I-20s. The division of Labor between the two offices is summarized below:

  • Office of University Admissions

    • All incoming degree-seeking undergraduate students, entering the U.S. to begin their course of study.
    • All undergraduate students currently holding F-1 status from another academic institution - high school or college/university level -- who are transferring to Catholic University to study.
    • Theological College
  • International Student and Scholar Services

    • Graduate Students
    • Intensive English Program
    • Law School
    • Metropolitan School of Professional Studies
    • Current Catholic University students changing level of study (intensive English to degree program or moving from one degree program to another)
    • Students in another nonimmigrant status seeking to change to F-1 or J-1

    ISSS will issue Forms DS-2019s to bring students to the US in J-1 status in the following circumstances:

    • Exchange Students participating in a Catholic University exchange program.
    • Student is funded by their home government and is required to return home upon completion of studies.