Two offices are responsible for issuing I-20s. The division of Labor between the two offices is summarized below:
Office of University Admissions
- All incoming degree-seeking undergraduate students, entering the U.S. to begin their course of study.
- All undergraduate students currently holding F-1 status from another academic institution - high school or college/university level -- who are transferring to Catholic University to study.
- Theological College
International Student and Scholar Services
- Graduate Students
- Intensive English Program
- Law School
- Metropolitan School of Professional Studies
- Current Catholic University students changing level of study (intensive English to degree program or moving from one degree program to another)
- Students in another nonimmigrant status seeking to change to F-1 or J-1
ISSS will issue Forms DS-2019s to bring students to the US in J-1 status in the following circumstances:
- Exchange Students participating in a Catholic University exchange program.
- Student is funded by their home government and is required to return home upon completion of studies.