As an international student currently studying at another American educational institution or as an international student currently on a period of Optional Practical Training wishing to continue your studies, you must transfer your F or J status to Catholic University if you will be studying here on a full time basis. This requires communication and coordination between your current school and The Catholic University of America.

You are eligible to transfer your F-1 or J-1 status from your current institution to Catholic University if you have been maintaining your status. If you have violated the terms of your student status either by failing to maintain your enrollment as required under immigration regulations, through unauthorized employment or some other reason, you must discuss your situation with the staff of International Student and Scholar Services. You may either need to apply for reinstatement or need to travel outside the U.S. and return on a new F or J program. Since each case is different, a discussion with ISSS is necessary.

Transfer to Catholic University Form