J-1 Transfers Sponsorship process for someone who already holds J-1 status in the same category:

  • Department and the scholar complete their respective portions of the J request form and submit it to ISSS with supporting documentation.
  • Exchange visitor informs current J sponsor of the need to transfer J sponsorship to the Catholic University. Current sponsor completes Transfer Form, click here.
  • Current J-1 sponsoring institution releases Scholar's SEVIS record to the Catholic University.
  • ISSS creates record in Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and issues Form DS-2019.
  • ISSS returns Form DS-2019 and relevant information to requesting School/Department to be sent to the Scholar.

Note: The department can request up to the full remaining time possible for the scholar's J category.