Federal and District of Columbia laws require that all students under the age of 26 be immunized against certain diseases. the following immunizations are required:
- Two doses of measles/mumps/rubella (MMR). The first dose must be given on or after the first birthday.
- Three doses of the Hepatitis B vaccine or be currently receiving the series.
- A Tetanus booster within the ten years prior to enrollment.
- Clinical history of having had varicella (chickenpox) or date(s) of the vaccine. Two doses are required if the first dose is received on or after the thirteenth birthday.
- DTP, DT, DTaP, or combined DTP-Hib doses
- Polio vaccine series is required for those students under the age of 19 years.
Students are encouraged to review the University's policy on immunizations for complete details. Student Health Services administers the university's policy on immunizations and maintains a web page on information regarding immunizations. The University's immunization form is available from this site.
Students who have religious or medical reasons for requesting a waiver of the immunization policy should contact Student Health to discuss the appropriate mechanism for doing this.
Deadlines for Submitting Immunizations
- Health services would like students to submit immunization records by August 1st. However, they understand this deadline may be hard to meet.
- If students do not submit their records by the add/drop date (see academic calendars) they will be charged a $100 fee.
Students who fail to either submit their immunization document or who have not obtained a waiver of this policy through Student Health jeopardize their ability to register for classes.